A’very dangerous’ leak in their home has poisoned 10 people, including four children.


There was a carbon monoxide leak at their house, and TEN people, including four children, had to be taken to the hospital.

On Monday night, fire trucks rushed to the scene in East Meadow, Long Island.


According to News 12, authorities have reported that eight people, including four children and six adults, have been hospitalized.

They reported that the victims, whose ages ranged from three weeks to forty years, all exhibited classic signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.

As officials had previously stated, carbon monoxide detectors went off and residents began to feel ill shortly thereafter.

All of the victims were taken to the hospital, but WABC, an ABC affiliate, reports that they are all expected to make full recoveries.

Deputy Fire Chief Peter Cheswick of the Nassau County Fire Department called the situation “very dangerous.”

He disclosed that a carbon monoxide reading of 1460 ppm was recorded inside the house.

The US Consumer Product Safety Commission has issued a warning that prolonged exposure to carbon monoxide levels above 150 to 200 ppm can cause disorientation, unconsciousness, and death.

Cheswick elaborated, saying, “This would have been a different story if this was the middle of the night and they didn’t have working detectors.”

As part of their efforts to determine the source of the leak, authorities shut off the gas to the residence.

No one who responded to the alarm was hurt, according to the fire chiefs.


Micheal Kurt

I earned a bachelor's degree in exercise and sport science from Oregon State University. He is an avid sports lover who enjoys tennis, football, and a variety of other activities. He is from Tucson, Arizona, and is a huge Cardinals supporter.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button