Title: 2023 Fall TV Schedule: Explore the Exciting Lineup of Reality TV and Scripted Content
The ongoing contract negotiations between the WGA (Writers Guild of America) and SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors Guild-American Federation of Television and Radio Artists) have impacted the production schedules of many popular TV series, leading to a major shakeup in the 2023 fall TV schedule. However, viewers need not despair, as networks are stepping up with a range of exciting reality TV shows and scripted content to keep you entertained. Read on to discover the latest premiere dates and what to expect from this year’s lineup.
Reality TV Shows to Look Forward To
While many scripted series face delays due to the strikes, reality television has come to the rescue, offering a variety of shows to fill the void. Let’s take a look at some of the reality TV premieres to watch out for.
1. “Southern Charm” Season 9 (Bravo) – Premiering on September 14, this popular reality series returns with new episodes, promising more drama, romance, and adventures of the Charleston socialites.
2. “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” Season 4 (TLC) – Starting on September 5, this franchise brings back the glamorous ladies of Salt Lake City, showcasing their lavish lifestyles, friendships, and conflicts.
3. “Welcome to Plathville” Season 2 (TLC) – Premiering on September 5, this series follows the Plath family, known for their traditional and strict lifestyle, as they navigate relationships, parenting, and personal growth.
4. “My Big Fat Fabulous Life” (TLC) – Returning for a new season on September 5, Whitney Thore continues to inspire viewers with her body positivity journey and life adventures.
Scripted Content Highlights
In addition to reality TV, there are several scripted shows that were already in production prior to the strikes. Here are some notable scripted premieres to mark on your calendar.
1. “Power Book IV: Force” Season 2 (STARZ) – Returning on September 1, this crime drama series delves into the thrilling world of drug kingpins and law enforcement.
2. “The Walking Dead: Daryl Dixon” (AMC) – Premiering on September 9, this highly anticipated spin-off focuses on the beloved character of Daryl Dixon as he embarks on new adventures in the post-apocalyptic world.
3. “American Horror Story: Delicate Part One” (FX) – Airing on September 20, this horror anthology series unveils a gripping and terrifying storyline that will keep viewers on the edge of their seats.
4. “Loki” Season 2 (Disney+) – Returning on October 6, Marvel fans can look forward to more mischievous adventures with the charismatic God of Mischief, Loki.
Despite the challenges posed by the contract negotiations and production delays, the 2023 fall TV schedule still offers a diverse range of programming, with reality TV and scripted content stepping in to provide ample entertainment. From popular reality shows like “Southern Charm” and “The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City” to highly anticipated scripted series like “Power Book IV: Force” and “American Horror Story: Delicate Part One,” there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Stay tuned for updated premiere dates and make sure to catch your favorite shows this fall season.