Streuth! Neighbours is Back on Our TV Screens
Fans of the beloved Australian soap can rest easy as episode one of the revived show is now available to watch on Amazon Freevee. The classic soap was cancelled in the summer of 2022 after 37 years, but production company Fremantle and streaming site Amazon Freevee scooped in to save the show just four months later.
Now, episode one of the rebooted Neighbours: A New Chapter has dropped, and fans are excited to see what the new season has in store. The show’s return is marked by the introduction of a new character, Reece Sinclair, played by The OC’s Mischa Barton. In her glamorous entrance to the Lassiter’s Hotel with a host of shopping bags, fans are immediately intrigued.
Neighbours: A Launch Pad for Stars
Neighbours has a storied history of launching the careers of some of our biggest stars. From Kylie Minogue and Margot Robbie to Guy Pearce and Russell Crowe, the show has been a stepping stone for many actors who have gone on to achieve international fame. Notable alumni also include Jason Donovan and Isla Fisher. With such an impressive track record, viewers are excited to see if Neighbours: A New Chapter will introduce the next big star.
Meet the Cast of Neighbours: A New Chapter
The rebooted Neighbours is set to bring back some familiar faces, as well as introduce new characters to the mix. The Kennedy family continues to play a central role in the show, with Susan and Karl Kennedy, played by Jackie Woodburne and Alan Fletcher, returning. Other beloved characters making a comeback include Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis), Toadie (Ryan Moloney), and Jane Harris (Annie Jones).
Additionally, Mike Young, played by Guy Pearce, will reprise his role after his character bought a home on Ramsay Street in the show’s finale. The surprise inclusion of Mischa Barton as Reece Sinclair, a mystery American, adds an extra layer of intrigue to the reboot.
Confirmed Regular Cast Members:
- Stefan Dennis as Paul Robinson
- Annie Jones as Jane Harris
- Lucinda Cowden as Melanie Pearson
- Alan Fletcher as Dr. Karl Kennedy
- Jackie Woodburne as Susan Kennedy
- Ryan Moloney as Toadie Rebecchi
- Lucinda Armstrong Hall as Holly Hoyland
- Ayisha Salem-Towner as Nell Rebecchi
- Rebekah Elmaloglou as Terese Willis
- Tim Kano as Leo Tanaka
- Tanner Ellis-Anderson as Hugo Rebecchi
- Lloyd Will as Andrew Rodwell
- Georgie Stone as Mackenzie Hargreaves
- Candice Lysk as Wendy Rodwell
- Emerald Chan as Sadie Rodwell
- Henrietta Graham as Sam Young
- Xavier Molyneux as Byron Stone
- Sara West as Cara Varga-Murphy
- Naomi Rukavina as Remi Varga-Murphy
- Marley Williams as Dex Varga-Murphy
- Riley Bryant as JJ Varga-Murphy
- Shiv Palekar as Haz Devkar
How to Watch the New Neighbours
Neighbours: A New Chapter will be available to watch exclusively on Amazon Freevee starting from Monday, September 18th. New episodes will drop daily on the platform from Monday to Thursday at 7am, giving fans plenty of opportunities to catch up on the latest developments in Ramsay Street.
In addition to the new episodes, fans can also stream all episodes of Neighbours from 2012 onwards, as well as over 100 classic episodes. Amazon Freevee provides a free-to-use ad-supported streaming service, offering a wide selection of films and TV programs. The platform is accessible through various devices, including iPhone, Android, PlayStation 5, and many smart TVs.
For more information on how to access and stream Neighbours on Amazon Freevee, visit their official website.